Sunday, March 26, 2017

Light of the World

I keep thinking that I need to plan to make things happen.  By nature I am a planner.  I understand that in order to make things happen one has to set goals and create a plan to reach those goals.  This fact makes perfect sense to me.

The ways of God do not.

He seems to keep trying to teach me not to plan, not to try to make things happen.  Perhaps that is because I tend to get so caught up in making what I want to happen come to pass that I do not always see what is right before me.  Perhaps it is only that He wants me to remember that He is God and He can bring things to fruition more perfectly than I ever could of my own volition.

I am the light of the world.

How brightly He shines in the darkness of this world!  How brilliantly do His works shine when we can glimpse them like rays of the sunrise I saw this morning, beaming out from beneath the clouds.

I was blind and now I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment