Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Coincidence

It never ceases to amaze me how coincidences happen constantly, demonstrating the Providence of our great Father in heaven.  It has become my practice to treat spiritual reading as an opportunity for that encounter, so I open to a random place in a spiritual book and read, taking from those pages whatever my Lord wishes to speak to my heart.  Today the page to which I opened in Lui et Moi, the book I mentioned before of our Lord's words to Gabrielle Bossis, happened to have today's date and also to have taken place in a year when that date fell within Passion week:

April 11th

Have faith.  Everything becomes simple then.  It will be simple to love Me, simple to serve Me, simple to be happy to suffer for Me.  Believing is almost the same as seeing.  To see Me!...  What progress, what riches to exploit, when you speak to Me, when you tell Me that you love Me.

The proof of your love for God is the affectionate care you take of your neighbor.  Be sure that you see Me in him, that you charm Me when you charm him.  This will keep you humble beside him.  Always be the smallest.  Think of the size of the Host.  Begin today to do your best to speak to Me when you speak to your neighbor.  I expect this of you this afternoon when you get together with your friends.  You would not want to refuse Me anything this week of My passion, would you?

May these words inspire your own journey this week as we enter into the commemoration of our Lord's passion and death!  I pray that all of us may have the humility to be small, to accept our weaknesses, and thereby to open the way for our Lord who is so great to descend into our nothingness and transform us by His presence.

I will leave you again with that last haunting question.  Think of it as our Lord speaking so gently and tenderly to your heart, for He longs more desperately for your love than you long for anything:

You would not want to refuse Me anything this week of My passion, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment